The COPRI Ports and Harbors Committee invites you to become part of the Ports® Conference tradition of advancing the art and science of port engineering and improving our maritime world.
The PORTS Conference series is internationally recognized as an outstanding opportunity to network with hundreds of professionals who share similar challenges and concerns. Please join us in Providence, Rhode Island, from Sunday, June 1 - Wednesday, June 4, 2025.
This immensely successful series of conferences has consistently drawn an international audience of port, harbor, waterway, and marine professionals who come to share their knowledge and learn from the experiences of others. The papers and presentations promise to cover a broad spectrum of topics dealing with a multitude of issues facing the ports and harbors community.
Those who attend the conference will leave with a greater understanding of the challenges faced by their peers, and gain valuable insight into how those challenges were overcome.
Due to the overwhelming response to past calls for papers and the success of the Ports® conference series, Ports® ’25 will maintain an expanded and diverse technical program. This expanded program provides additional opportunities to present ideas and experiences—including entire sessions devoted to panel/round-table discussions of timely topics and vendor presentations of materials, processes, and equipment relevant to the maritime development community.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend
- Leaders in the ports industry share lessons-learned, port innovations, advancements in technology, and best practices.
- Discussions range from planning to management to design to construction to total life cycle topics.
- Networking with owners, government agencies, and private industry from both the Deepwater and Inland Port communities.
- Topics suitable for both students & younger members as well as seasoned professionals.
- The Port of Providence is New England's second biggest deep water port and a strategically located Northeast port anchored by a strong tenant base each of which utilizes the port as a distribution center within the New England area.
Convince Your Boss
As a civil engineering professional, you know you can find the latest information, innovations, and technologies when you attend ASCE conferences. You also know that to be competitive, you must constantly fine-tune your skills, find new ways to cut costs, streamline processes, and drive change.
- Program: Identify specific courses that are beneficial to your company and calculate the PDHs you can earn toward maintaining your license.
- Expenses: Register as early as possible to take advantage of early bird prices and book your accommodations through our room block to maximize savings and enhance your networking experience.
- Share: Demonstrate what you have learned by sharing with your colleagues in a post-conference presentation.
- Request Letter: Download and customize this template to request approval for your attendance.